Rules & Regulations
- College Hours : Classes are held normally from 4.25 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. Few Honours Classes are held from 3.45 p.m. and from 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Attendance recorded numerically in the classes must not fall below 75% in each subject. For such irregularity, students have to pay penalty of an amount to be decided by the academic sub-committee.
- Students with requisite percentage of attendance are entitled to appear at all College examinations.
- Promotion to the next higher class and/or criteria of qualifying for the Degree Part-I, Part-II and Part-III Examination will be strictly on the basis of obtaining the requisite pass marks in the college examinations and requisite percentage of attendance as will be notified by the College authorities from time to time.
- Students are liable to be expelled for misbehavior and/or for adopting unfair means in examinations.
- Students must come to College with their Identity Card which would have to produce on demand at any time to establish their identity to the College authority.
- All students must clear up all their College dues according to fees card before commencement of form fill up of their respective university examination.
- Students migrating from other Boards/Universities must contact the College office to regularize their admission.
- The medium of instruction is English and Bengali only.
- Parents and Guardians are requested to co-operate with the College authority.
(a) by urging their wards to be regular in attendance.
(b) by taking care that their wards appear at all the College examinations, and
(c) by paying the College dues in time as directed in fees card.
- If a student absents himself/herself from attending lectures or practical work for consecutive four weeks without intimation, his/her studentship will be treated as automatically cancelled. In exceptional cases he/she may be readmitted as a fresh candidate.
- Study Tours : The Departments of Geography, Botany,Zoology and Physiology organise Compulsory Educational Field Tours (for both Honours and General Course students) as a part of the Curriculum. Students shall have to bear the expenses incurred in the tours as in formed by the concerned Departments.